My lovely blogger friend Jodie at Mummy Mayhem has passed on The Versatile Blogger award to me. Cue happy dance. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I confess, I don’t know much about the blog awards that I see here and there. Where did they come from? Who makes the rules? Why are there so many? But, as part of the The Versatile Blogger award, I’m to share 7 things about myself and direct you to 5 wonderful blogs that I love from bloggers who are new to my site.
Let’s face it, we’re all new to Maxabellaland and I’ve been enjoying so many fellow blogs that I’m thinking of starting up a chapter of Bloggers Anon. Especially as I’m such a commenter (is that a word? Commentator? Comment maker? Nevermind…) I just can’t seem to read some of the fantastic stuff out there and not share. So I apologise that everywhere you go in blogworld, Maxabella seems to have an opinion about it.
But, I digress.
Five blogs I just love and visit every day are:
Not Waving, But Ironing (to be honest, I’m not sure NWBI has actually ever visited my blog, but I’m Number One Stalker on her site)
And seven things you never wanted to know about me but I’m going to tell you anyway are:
1. I never brush my hair. Until my girls came along, I hadn’t owned a hairbrush since 1988.
2. I secretly loathe Lady Gaga but pretend to like her so my gay colleagues think I’m cool.
3. I quite liked fashion in my youth, but these days I so can’t be bothered that I would love it if everyone on the planet had to wear the same uniform every single day. I feel this approach would also solve the global warming crisis, abolish child labour in the Philippines and possibly end the reign of terror in Afghanistan. I would make the uniform beige corduroy just because I enjoy the thought of smarmy fashionistas being forced to wear beige corduroy (and because couduroy is a rather funny word).
4. I am a compulsive pleaser. For example, from year seven until year twelve I made school lunches for myself and my three siblings (vegemite or pb sandwiches, cheese and an apple, thanks for asking) because I wanted to be a good mother on behalf of my actual mother (who was a great mother but apparently not a great sandwich maker).
5. I think typing BWAHAHAHA makes you look like a (possibly laughing) twit and typing ‘nom nom nom’ or ‘noms’ for food appreciation is slightly abhorrent.
6. I often lie awake at night wondering why I am lying awake at night wondering.