Happy Friyay! Another week, another… week. I overnighted in Adelaide on Sunday night for a shoot on Monday, collapsed exhausted on Tuesday following major work announcements, spent Wednesday night laughing at a home BBQ with my soon-to-be-ex colleagues and spent Thursday night baking into the wee small hours. Hello working Mum. Here’s what I learned along the way…
1. When asked to bake something for a school event, you will be up until waaaaaay past your bedtime (8pm) (not really) (8.30pm) putting together a sweet batch of 24 cupcakes with smiley faces only to find that most people just bring in store-bought stuff on a paper plate. Sigh.
2. People harshly judge mothers who travel for business.
3. There is this really fantastic site called Creative Muslims that brings together Muslim artists, graphic designers, photographers, etc. What I love about it is that it’s been a great way for me to get to know a completely different (and, for whatever reason, controversial) culture and religion and appreciate the way that religion works in a lifestyle quite similar to my own. Finding a common platform to start is a great way to appreciate another culture.
4. Blog Years: For every minute you spend in the Blogosphere, 25 minutes will have elapsed back on Planet Earth.
5. Drugwars is still around and is just as addictive as ever. Have you ever played it? I spent hours at work in the UK with my trade finance colleagues* lost in drug running. Play if you dare – you might not come back out again for many, many months.
* Do remind me to tell you about the time I landed a job in international trade finance while temping as a secretary in London.
PS – Head to Lori’s for showcase your amazing blog on Flog Yo Blog Friday…
[Image (and cupcakes – mine looked nothing like this good!) by hello naomi]