My sister Al from the Pink Fibro and I were having a laugh the other day about all the little (and not so little) things around the house that need fixing. All the things that have probably needed fixing since we moved into our respective homes but time has passed and these days we just put up with the constant irritation. Women are good like that.
On this occasion, rather than wondering about our own homes, we were commenting on each others’. You see, we’d swapped houses between Chrissy and New Year and because we are no-holds-barred sisters, the conversation was full of things like:
“OMG, what’s going on with your kitchen tap?!”
“Are pool pumps supposed to be that loud?”
“Aside from nearly killing myself on your front steps…”
“We couldn’t lock the doors upstairs… um, do you ever actually lock the doors upstairs?”
So, here is an abridged list of things that desperately need attention in Maxabellaland:
- The front steps are crumbling sandstone. Nice if you live in a castle.
- Yes, it’s true, the upstairs doors don’t lock. Hello Hamburglar.
- There are no working door handles. Hello shut out of my own house on more than one occasion yet still we have not fixed the door handles.
- The seat on the second toilet is loose. Slip sliding awaaaaay.
- The stove does not work. The oven works well. This is why I’m a baker, not a fighter.
I could go on…
‘Til next time