Pin of the Day | Make your own pineapple stamp

Make your own pineapple stamp

I thought I’d better get this one up before the whole pineapple thing moves on to watermelon love (we are this close).

I don’t know about you, but I’ve always fancied that I would like to make a stamp. The only thing that stops me is the amount of effort that goes into making something that just does that one thing. Stamps pineapples.

It’s a bit like putting lots and lots of effort into dinner only to have it woofed down in 28 seconds, leaving you planning to get takeaway Chinese forevermore. I would buy all the things necessary for making the stamp and painstakingly carve that little pineapple and then I would stamp it and… stamp. Stamp. Stamp, stamp, stamp. Sigh.

But if you want to make your own, the instructions are over on the uber-cool blog I Spy DIY – the blog for serious ‘should I go to the trouble’ ponderings – or click on the image above to repin the pin.

Maxabella loves - Pin of the Day

Reckon you would carve a stamp?

Comments

As someone with a blog called The Pineapple Cake I hope the pineapple trend never stops… but every fruit has it’s day. I’ve never tried making a stamp before but this looks like it could be lots of fun!

Watermelon cake doesn’t have quite the same ring, does it!? I will have to check out your blog – such a great name. x

There is no time for anything except newborning when you have a newborn… but soon, Maria, soon… x

This is so cute! Bell is doing lino stamping this term in her art workshop, and I’m so excited for her ( because, you know, living vicariously and all) :)

I remember lino stamping – I had forgotten about that so I HAVE made a stamp before… or a lino cut… or something… x

I know, right? If you have the time and the want, you can pretty much make anything. It’s just being patient enough to learn a new skill. I kinda lack that patience!! x

Trackbacks