Weekend Rewind 67 | Dancing into the hols

Weekend Rewind 67

The school holidays have hit, sending the those Tsunamis of mine spiralling into orbit. As I posted to Facebook, “I feel like it’s Day 1 in the Big Brother house and I’m not sure I like my flatmates.” Luckily I am one excessively prepared mumma and I managed to pull together 125 activities the kids can do at home. So far we’ve cranked through 13 of them and it’s Day 2, so I’m a bit concerned…

Oh, but they are growing up my kids in a scary-fast kind of way. I know I’m meant to be minding them, but I can’t stand to look. Where did my babies go? How did they get to be people?

Luckily they are very fun people indeed. They make me belly laugh on a daily basis (and belly yell, but let’s not talk about that bit). My girls won’t stop turning cartwheels and Max won’t stop ‘breakdancing’. Here they are on the disco board in Martin Place last night… Bart and I were so… proud. And in hysterics. Just so you know, Max pulls these moves out everywhere we go to much suppressed merriment. He’s great value.

Other things that had me this week:

Reading –  Just finished an oldie Case Histories by Kate Atkinson. It’s been on my shelf for donkey’s and I am so glad I finally read it. It’s almost unbearably good. Thank god for my terrible procrastination habit or I wouldn’t have found this fabulous author ready for holiday reading!
Writing – lots and lots and lots. Everyone wants everything before Christmas!
Making – cool play kits for kids, coming soon.
Wishing – for peace on earth. We stopped by to see the ‘field of flowers’ in Martin Place and I had tears. There but for the grace… I’m also wishing my three fellow Rewind hosts a Christmas to match their generosity and joyousness.
Loving – the Christmas lights. This street in Sydney is the absolute bomb.
Wondering – what my word for 2015 is going to be. So many things need my focus it’s very hard to choose!

Happy reading.
x

PS – This will be the last Weekend Rewind for 2014. We’ll see you all again on Friday, 16 January at 8pm where we’ll be featuring our very first guest rewind host for 2015. Happy holidays!

Join in here:
Facebook Twitter Bloglovin | G+

THANK YOU for joining the Weekend Rewind list, hosted by Maxabella lovesLife, Love and HiccupsSonia Styling and Kelly Exeter. To join in simply link up your favourite post and visit a few other bloggers for a read and a chat.

Comments

I think we need more Christmas dancing around here!
    Have a very Merry Christmas Bron!
    I hope that you get to read and relax while the kids work through the other 112 activities!

I’m also frantically trying to meet writing deadlines. Those sure are some funky dance floor shapes he’s throwing out there! I can’t believe this time next week it’ll be Boxing Day. Is there no link this week either? Or am I being blind? xx

I think inlinkz had a bit of a spit, but we came good. I hope you’re meeting those deadlines (I’m still struggling). Enjoy the Christmas break, regardless!! x

The holidays began only this afternoon for us. So pleased to finally breathe out and to start the long, summer break. I’m feeling good so far (early days of course!) but love your ideas for things to do around the home. Such a great idea. Happy Christmas Bron to you and your fam. x

Merry Christmas to your lovely family, Vanessa. It was such a pleasure to meet you this year!! x

Lovely rewind and great dance moves! I’m glad my kids make me laugh more than yell, most days, haha. Kids are the best! xo

They are indeed. I think my motto is generally ‘you have to laugh or you’d cry’. Kids are tough. x

The moves! Awesomeness. Thanks for hosting the Rewind this year, Bron, and for supporting me and my blogging journey. It was so wonderful to not just meet you at ProBlogger but actually talk and spend some time together! Merry merry Christmas to you and yours. I’m off to read the posts I’ve missed over the last couple of weeks. x

It was definitely a highlight for me, Em. It’s always so lovely to find out that a blogger you love is just the same away from their blog. x

Bron, that super-duper dancing is what I needed to see this week!
    It’s so hard to believe we’re at the end of the year already, with lots of fabulous Rewinds behind us.
    I know what my 2015 word is, just need to figure out the best way to put it into practice.
    Have a lovely weekend xx

Certainly the time for dancing! Glad to hear you read Kate Atkinson – one of my favourite authors. Lovely to have got to know you via your site this year, Bron, and hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas xx

Indeed, Helen – what a fab end-of-year gift it has been finding you. And Kate Atkinson. I have borrowed three more of her books from the library for some holiday reading!! x

I love what you write Bron and I loved reading that facebook status. I feel like that daily at the moment. I will have a read of your post with 125 things to do. I find there are always more activities to do at Christmas time. We are going to get our baking on this week… I just hate cleaning the mess afterwards!
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. One of my best memories of this year was meeting you at Problogger. xx

You’re such a delight, Bec. It’s been an enormous pleasure getting to know you more this year. x

Considered not joining in this week, cause my only post this week could be taken as a bit too much self- promotion, then I thought, hey it’s a good shout out for blog love, there’s a nice round up of other blogs up for the awards and really it’s all in fun anyhow. At least that’s how I take it. Still pondering your Playing in hte Streets post, lots to think about:)

Thanks you my sweets. Merry joy joy down in my heart to you and that awesome family of yours. See you in Jan. Yes! x

Hilarious dancing! That’s how my nearly 4 year old Jono busted a move at the kinder concert, certainly has a style in its own class! Enjoy the hols, looking forward to some quiet moments in amongst the busy. Look forward to more here in 2015!

‘Stlye’ is being generous, but what he lacks in form, he makes up for in enthusiasm, and that’s what dancing is all about to me… merry merries to you, Lucy. x

Me too! How fab is that statement, Malinda. Belly rumbling laughter moments – yes please! x

Sorry I have been a bit absent from here. My kids don’t fall asleep until after 9 on a Friday, and then I am shattered… Loving that dancing! And wishing you a joyous relaxed Christmas xx

I’ve been missing you, Zanni, but I totally get it. Enjoy Christmas with your gorgeous family and those sweet Quincys. x

Lovely to meet you this year, have a cracker of a Christmas with your family and friends.
    I’m so looking forward to a break and a relax to just enjoy every minute. 2 days to go for work and a well earned rest coming my way, (if I say so myself)
    Bring on the street lights, we check them out on Christmas Eve with the kids, can’t wait. x

Trackbacks