The only thing we like better than toasting marshmallows on the fire is building with them. Matter of fact, we build with them and then we deconstruct the constructions and we toast the marshmallows anyway.
Not especially hygienic (I mean, just look at the state of the Badoo’s feet and how close they are to the marshmallows…) but good for immunity and still yummy, no?
All you need are some toothpicks and a bag of marshmallows and you go, go go. We made these marshmallow towers after dinner last Sunday. Guess what we had for dessert?
More ways to play
- Build a giant object together or have a competition to see who can build the tallest tower or the weirdest shape.
- Thread some beads onto the toothpicks before you put them into the marshmallows. Pretty!
- If you can’t find any marshmallows, use grapes, lollies, pieces of cut up apple or potato, peas or play dough.
- You can use food colouring to dye your marshmallows for some colourful fun, simply dip the marshmallow into 1/2 cup water with a few drops of added colour and allow to dry on some paper towel.
- You can also paint the marshmallows using the food colouring and a paint brush. Add a few drops of food colouring to a 1/2 cup of water and use like regular water colour paint.