We’ve been talking to Shannon for Family Beats. Here she shares her three best tips for a happy family life: family activities, meals, parenting style and more. Click here to read Shannon’s full Family Beat.
3 favourite #screenfreedom activities
- Invitations to Create/ Play/ Build
- Sharing picture books
3 places you love to go as a family
- The beach
- Anywhere with animals
- Out for gelato
3 quick jobs you do to keep on top of the housework
I do these three things every night whilst my husband bathes the kids:
- Vacuum our dining/living area. How do kids create so many crumbs?
- Load up the dishwasher
- Wipe over the kitchen surfaces
3 ways you keep family life organised
- We have a calendar on the fridge. All events are colour-coded to the relevant family member.
- Everything has a place. Bills, notes, shoes, toys, etc
- The nappy bag is restocked as soon as we get home from an outing, ready to go for the next outing.
3 things you have to do every day to stay sane